Tuesday 11 January 2011

Playing with my Polaroids

Having another play with photo-editing software... The following pictures are of plants currently growing in my garden or house. I tend to think that in the Winter there are not many plants on the go, but on reflection perhaps this is unfair... I certainly found plenty to photograph! [Don't forget that usually - depending on your software - clicking on the image will allow you to enlarge it.]


Cavolo Nero

Bay

Land Cress

Red-veined Sorrel

Ivy

Chicory "Rossa di Verona"

Purple Sprouting Broccoli "Red Arrow"


Palm


All these photos have been edited using the software called 'Picnik', which comes as part of Picasa Web Albums which everyone using Blogger has by default. There are millions of things you can do with it. Most of the photos in this post are basically ways of "framing" the subject. I don't know what you think, but I reckon that in most cases I prefer the pictures in their original form. The "enhancements" in my opinion can sometimes detract from the impact of the subject matter. I suppose it really depends what you are aiming to achieve: do you want to show people an informative picture of a vegetable, or do you want to create a work of art? For me, in most cases, it's the former!
  

3 comments:

  1. Very nice photos! I have not tried that software, I might give it a look now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the enhanced photos! They make things interesting. Maybe a combo of natural & enchanced is a good thing. (Where do you find the time!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't spotted this post before but for the blog I do prefer the unenhanced versions. It's all a case of what you want to achieve - if you were creating a greetings card or using the photo for some decorative purpose then the enhancing would be great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.