Monday 27 April 2015

Not Harvest Monday - 27th April 2015

I'm not linking-up with Harvest Monday this week, because I have not been doing any harvesting. Jane and I have been over in France visiting our younger daughter Fiona and her family. Their place is in a little village called Ornex, not far from Ferney Voltaire, and just across the border from Geneva in Switzerland.  This is the view from their garden, looking up towards the Jura mountains, still with some patches of snow on them:


As we flew into Geneva we were struck by how much greener the trees were than those in England. In some respects Spring is so much further advanced in France / Switzerland. We were able to sit outside in the garden beyond seven-o-clock in the evening, with the temperature still at a comfortable 23C.

Fiona's garden is full of Tulips at present, and they are looking really spectacular. She has planted lots of different types, and they are informally scattered all over the property, by the side of the drive, at the bases of the trees, etc.






I have no idea what variety they all are (nor has Fiona!), but I couldn't resist taking loads of photos of them...




















Tomorrow I will write about some other aspects of the garden in Ornex, but for now I want to finish with this.  Just 500 metres from Fiona's house is newly-finished primary school, which will be very handy when her little daughter (currently only 16 months old) is ready to start school. This is a warning sign near the school entrance. Very appropriate, I think!


P.S. This is the nearest I got to a harvest -- we went shopping in the local market (I mean SHOPPING!), and bought loads of edible goodies, which I will represent with this one photo:


P.P.S. OK, yes, I did get a harvest! We got home at about six p.m. on Sunday evening, and I just had time to do a quick tour of the garden, during which I cut these few spears of Asparagus.


14 comments:

  1. Just delightful... and your Asparagus looks great. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all those tulips. So pretty. I don't plant many as they tend to peter out after a few years, but they are such a nice splash of color in the spring when we really need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got such a great mix of colours of the tulips in your shots. The ones with the frilled edges look spectacular! I envy your asparagus harvest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful view from the garden, and such colour within. I do like to see a mix of tulips like that. Hope you had a lovely time with your family and your little grandaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a wonderful time with your family.

    I just love ALL your photo's - the one outside school is very apt !

    Have a good week

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is obviously taking after her dad

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a big fan of tulips, probably because they don't grow well here, your photos are lovely, but it's the tomatoes and asparagus that had me salivating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tulips are looking great this time of year. There's a tulip festival next weekend up the coast I'm hoping to go to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great thing to come home to - asparagus!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tulips look utterly gorgeous. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a beautiful view, I'm glad you had a little family time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous splashes of colour, our Tulips are barely in bud up here :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.