Friday 2 October 2015

Leave of absence

As most readers will know, I generally post to this blog every day. For the next few days I expect to be a bit low-profile though. We have a lot of commitments coming up and I will probably not have much time for blogging, so don't be surprised it you don't see anything new from me.

One of the commitments is a visit to the Challock Chilli Fest, hosted by Stephen and Serena Shirley, at Victoriana Nursery Gardens, in Kent. I'm sure their display of chillis will be a lot more impressive than mine, but some of mine are not too shabby you know!








This funny little Siamese twin is a "Calico".


While I was away from home earlier this week (on business), Jane made herself a meal of Stir-fried Chilli Prawns which included one of these "Hungarian Hot Wax" chillis.


This variety is very mild for a chilli. Jane described it as "like a sweet pepper but with a warm afterglow".


In the photo above are Hungarian Hot Wax (centre), Ring of Fire (right), Indian Chilli Bullet (bottom), Caribbean Antillais (top right) and some of the unidentified Turkish ones (top left).

Hoping to be able to post some photos of Stephen's chillis next week...

5 comments:

  1. Have a great time at the Chilli Fest. I'm sure something will catch your eye whilst you're there, another new variety to grow next year perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the summer there were masses of notices round here advertising the Dorset Chilli Festival. Chillies are clearly 'In'. (I don't really like the flavour - though they look brilliant - colourful and shiny.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your headline and thought you were calling it quits for awhile like Daphne. Have a good time wherever you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice batch of chilies - Hungarian hot wax are one of my favourites although we generally use them at the bright yellow stage. I wish we had a chili fest around here; I'll just have to be content with the garlic festival, which is ok with me as we are a bit of a garlic fanatic household. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful chilis! We'll be here when you get back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.