Tuesday 12 October 2010

The Borlotto beans are shelled

For the last week my Borlotto beans have been drying in the airing cupboard. When I inspected them today the pods had all gone dry and crispy and I could hear the beans rattling around inside them, so I decided to shell them.

600g of these...



Looked like this a week later...

10th October -- completely dry, dull and visually unattractive

Here's another view (a bit more arty this time)...




This is the "work in progress" stage...


Half-way house


The finished task


 And this is the end result - 175g of speckly beans...


The finished item
 
These beans have gone back into the airing cupboard for another couple of days, to make sure they are 100% dry, and then I will put them in a jam-jar and store them until about February, when I shall rediscover them and make them into something yummy to remind me of Summer 2010.


Beans, beans, beans
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.