Wednesday 5 December 2012

Frozen veg

After all the rain we have had recently, it was almost a relief to get some frost. You wouldn't describe it as a Big Freeze, but we have certainly had temperatures a few degrees below zero.

The crisp, bright weather conditions are great for photography!

Cavolo Nero

Cavolo Nero
 
Parsley

Brussels Sprout

Bay

Parsnip

Parsnip

"Golden Ball" Turnips

Broccoli

 Well, they may look impressive, but they're not doing much growing at present - they are just "frozen in time"...


11 comments:

  1. It's amazing how some plants can stand up so well to frost, whereas others just can't. I haven't grown any dahlias this year, but if I had they'd be blackened for sure by now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos of the frost. I never did get any good ones this fall. Earlier the cold temps didn't really leave any frost which is unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful photo's!... really gorgeous... I have some carrots I planted way back that should benefit from the frost.. I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty photos. The lacinato kale is going to be especially tasty after the frost. The weather dial here has been stuck on "rain" for the past week. It's going to be a while longer before we get some frost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. I am going to have to try the turnips in a bucket. Then I could put them in the sun where they need to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We went up to Edinburgh today and the train travelled through a snow blizzaed near Newcastle. Brrrr...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way your plants look with frost. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty. Do you eat your sprout tops? I've heard they're not for the faint hearted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty - nature is such the perfect decorator!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.