Friday 18 March 2016

Landlust Magazine

The other day I was approached by The Organic Agency working on behalf of Landlust Magazine, asking whether I would be interested in receiving a free copy of their latest issue. This is a magazine of which I had not previously been aware, but now that I have seen it, I realise that is has a lot of content that will interest me. Subjects include gardening, food, cookery, arts, handicrafts, country pursuits etc. Officially, this magazine fits into the "Countryside" category of publications.


Yesterday the magazine arrived. In fact they sent me two issues of the magazine, including the latest one, along with a beautiful Royal Doulton mug, a jar of instant coffee and two packs of biscuits!




So now I can make myself a coffee and put my feet up whilst chomping on a "Divinely Chocolatey Cookie" and browsing through this beautifully illustrated magazine! This is very convenient, because today is my birthday, and I don't feel like doing anything terribly ambitious. In fact I have been very much "under the weather" this past week, suffering from a very severe cold, so taking it easy certainly appeals to me right now.


I'm sure they won't mind me showing you a selection of photos from the magazine...


Camellias



How to make a hotbed

This magazine is produced in Germany, and most of the articles are about German people and places, but there is still plenty to appeal to the British audience. The discerning reader will disregard the geography and concentrate on the expertise imparted!


Recipes using Tarragon


A quarterly issue of Landlust magazine costs £4 - which in my opinion represents excellent value, when you consider some of the rubbish on sale at newsagents for this sort of price. Alternatively you can buy a year's subscription (4 issues) for £14.

8 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I could be tempted, I like a magazine which has a range of subjects in it. I agree about the cost, very good value for money when you consider that most magazines cost more than a book does these days. Wishing you many happy returns for your birthday, I hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Hope you feel better. What is Jane fixing for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today we will be having Ribeye steaks, salad and jacket potatoes with a really nice bottle of wine - an easy meal, but I'm sure it'll be good.

      Delete
  3. I hope you feel a bit better for your birthday. We"ve cancelled our magazine subscriptions as we never seemed to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you're not feeling well but happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Mark! I hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That does look like a wonderful magazine. I find that many of my old favourites have transformed in the past few years from being informative, to being filled with lots of fluff & little content; not worth the cost in most cases. How unfortunate that you should be down with a cold during your birthday - a bit of extra pampering is definitely in order!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to you! I think that spending the day relaxing is a wonderful way to spend a birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.